Thursday, July 5, 2018

RECIPE THURSDAY IS BACK!

It was Gary's birthday a couple of weeks ago, I didn't have any mixes to make him a regular birthday cake,  but then remembered a really good cake that was always popular with both him and our son whenever I made it.

Not your traditional birthday cake - but oh boy, it was sooooo good!

So birthday or no birthday - give this one a try - and I promise you it is not Banana bread - it's a cake, and way better, and so simple to make.




BANANA CAKE

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
 4 tbsp sour milk
1 cup mashed bananas ( 3 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour


Cream butter, add sugar gradually.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and banana.  Add dry ingredients  alternately with milk. 

Bake in 375 degree over for 25- 30 minutes.



Ice with Butter Icing or serve with whipped cream

...

I used a tube pan, but you can bake yours in whatever suits you.   I did not ice my cake, I just drizzled icing sugar mixed with some milk over the top of my cake once it was cooled.  

It was delicious...


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...