Friday, July 27, 2018

A SPIT AND POLISH, NOW BACK TO WORK!

While the weather has been cool and rainy this week, I have been busy doing a bit of rearranging in my studio ... I know - so what else is new?

I wouldn't have been doing this as I really liked the flow of my space just as it was, but last week I purchased a sewing machine from my Aunt Viola, and because I want to use this new machine, and my old Elna as well, I had to make space to accommodate both machines.

The new machine is not a new modern machine - it is an older model - but it has very little hours on it, so it is in "like new" condition.

I bought it because my machine, which was my Mom's machine before I had it, is showing some major signs of age and wear.  I have noticed that the shaft that holds the needle is starting to gravitate towards one side now, and as upsetting as that is - I know the machine will be expensive to repair, and I'm just not sure it would be worth the cost to have it fixed - so I bought a good second machine.

I am going to use the new machine as my main machine, but there are still some very fine stitches that only the Elna can do, so although I won't be using it exclusively any more, I will still continue to use it.

So I moved a few tables around so I could have both machines close so I could move  easily from one to another ( the machines are under the covers)


My cutting table:



 My ironing and hand-stitching table:




It gave me a great opportunity to go through and arrange my fabric ( again) as I have been pulling pieces for months without putting them back where they belong.  What I really need is an open  bin system where I arrange my fabric by colours, or even by patterns - that would be my ideal - but that's not happening any time soon, so for now a tidy and clean up will have to do.

So now I can get back to work and start working on those orders for the Shop in Selkirk, and for our little shop here in town, and hopefully soon to sell online.

The rest of the studio has remained pretty much unchanged...

The Office end of the studio:






The desk area...















I desperately need to make a material run somewhere very soon, I am running low on background fabric of every colour.

But in the meantime I will get cutting mug rug pieces for applique.


Have a great weekend, everyone - talk to you again next week!









No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...