Monday, July 16, 2018

BEST CURE FOR A BAD HEADACHE!

I went to bed with a headache last night, and woke up with an even worse one this morning.  Yesterday the wind was so bad, it blew us apart inside and out... and there is something about strong wind that really unsettles me, for some reason... so I blamed the wind for my headache!

The temperature got down to 10 overnight - the house was so nice and cool and fresh, after such a long time of having the house shut up and AC on - it was such a welcome treat.

But I still had that really bad headache.

I wanted to take advantage of the cool morning to get some much needed work done outside...

But I had that headache.

I ate breakfast, had a cup of coffee and decided bending and working in the garden would only make my headache worse, so I decided to stay indoors.

I went up to my studio... by the time I climbed the stairs my head was pounding even more.  I couldn't do anything, because I had that headache.

I went back down to my rocking chair, watched a video or two, and then decided I really wanted to be outside, so I got dressed and headed out to the garden.

I needed to water everything, so I started there, doing the tomatoes first...

And I still had that headache.

Then the Swiss chard, the kale, the beans...

And I sort of forgot about the headache,

Then the cucumbers, beets, flowers, lettuce, herbs, more flowers, shrubs...

What headache?  It was gone...

I don't know if it was the very fresh fall-like air, or the act of watering all my growing things, but without taking any medications, somehow my pounder of a headache had disappeared.

So I got to work in earnest.  I decided to continue working on the new flower beds I am making at the front of the house.  I completed digging that and started around the corner to the other front of the house on the south side.  By the time I stopped for lunch I was half way through that bed as well.

Now I'm going to start working in the studio for the rest of the day - the windows are open, a very cool breeze is blowing through my work space, the birds are singing out my window - it's a a perfect environment for getting something accomplished.

Better get to it!










No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...