Thursday, July 26, 2018

RECIPE THURSDAY - COOKIES!

We have had some cool rainy days this week, and this kind of weather always gets me in the mood to bake.

Nothing like our best comfort cookies to munch on with a cup of tea - mid afternoon, when it raining and the wind is blowing, and you almost could believe that fall is right around the corner.

It's nowhere near that close ( I hope), but these cookies can be enjoyed just as much sitting on the deck with a glass if lemonade or ice tea...

They are the best twist on a old favourite that I have ever made...

Thank You Corri, for sharing these with us so many times at work, and for sharing your recipe with me as well.

So this recipe Thursday, I give you Corri's recipe for the yummiest of yummy...

This makes a very large batch (5+dozen)- but they seem to disappear rather quickly!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream margarine and sugars together, add eggs, water and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients, then oatmeal and chocolate chips.

Mix well.

Drop by teaspoon onto greased pan.

Bake 9-10 minutes @ 350F

"To make chewy cookies, drop the pan on counter when taking out of the oven"  cookies will flatten and get chewy.


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...