Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Perfect Summer Cardi!

Today it's back to crochet talk... sorry guys!  Thank goodness for hour long lunch breaks at work, otherwise I would have no time to get any crocheting or knitting done at all.  Gardening has been taking up most of my spare time after work and on weekends, but I have been working on a couple of projects as well.

I am working on some knitted doll sweaters that I want to send to a doll friend of mine, but while knitting in the back of my mind I have been thinking about making myself some summer cardi's.  My summer wardrobe really needs an overhaul in the worst way.  So little by little I have been trying to update my wardrobe for work and for everyday use.

I see women wearing the cutest cardi's when I walk around the hospital.  I even checked some out at the mall - but I would never spend that kind of money on something I know I can make myself.... so On-line I went - in search of the perfect Summer Cardi.

I found quite a few light cardigans in crochet - of course I printed them all, and then I headed to my stash to see what I had on hand to make them with.

I decided on a very basic one to start with.  This is a lovely and quick pattern I found from Crochetvolution.com.  called Veranda Cardi.  I have started one in an off-white cotton with little splashes of lime, cantaloupe and strawberry  - I can't wait to get it finished!    It would be nice to have several of these cardis in different colours.   Several people have seen this pattern and have asked if I would be willing to make them one so, looks like I might be making quite a few of these in my spare (???) time.

This young designer has lots of wonderful ideas and patterns on her site - you won't be sorry you visited this site!
Check it out...

http://crochetvolution.com/summer-2013/veranda-cardi

The next cardi I'd like to try is from the Bernat site.  This one is a cute Lace Cardigan, that would be perfect for those summer evenings when you just want a little something on your arms.  I have some bright coral-pink cotton that I think I will use for this cardi.

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=6335#.UZOARJpAwcQ.blogger

If you still need more inspiration, check out Ravelry.com - there are many cute cardi patterns there as well.

There you have the perfect quick summer project  - Summer Cardi!

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...