Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A special Treat!

Yesterday at the end of my post, I promised I would bring you a special treat from Iris.

Of course you already know it has to be an indirect treat - but treat it is.

These cookies are the ones she would hand over the fence to us children.  They broke the ice after she moved into the house next door - because up until the cookies were shared, we were not too pleased to have new neighbors that had no small kids.

I've made these for myself and my family for many years.  They remain a favorite.  I have taken them to work and always take a copy of the recipe along with me, because after one bite - I am always asked for it.

So here are Iris' Ginger Crumbles... you won't find a better cookie anywhere...

Enjoy!



GINGER CRUMBLES

1 cup lard ( I use shortening)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/4 cup Molasses
2 cups (scant) flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves

Mix ingredients and chill overnight.
Roll into balls and roll ball in white sugar.  Flatten balls with the flat bottom of a glass and sprinkle lightly with sugar.

Bake in med oven (350). 8-10 minutes.

Don't forget to make a pot of tea to have with the cookies, or a glass of milk for the kids...



Now I am going to have to make some of these this weekend... perhaps I'll make some extra to take to the neighbours as I'm sure she will be needing much baking for all her visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...