Friday, March 2, 2012

A Whole Lot of Snow and More Dolls!

It is a snowy day here in Manitoba.  We have had heavy wet snow all night, and this morning everything is covered in a fresh blanket of snow.  It's the kind of morning when you wish you had a very good camera, as the trees and every little thing sticking out of the ground has a blob of snow sticking to it.

Last fall I did not cut back my Sedums, and this morning there was huge pompoms of snow on every branch of the plant.  I will try and get out and take some pictures before the wind blows the snow off of everything, but chances are it will be too dark by the time I get around to it.

It's snowman snow - and we don't usually get that type of snow here in the winter. I imagine there will be snowmen poping up all over the neighbourhood this weekend as the kids get outside to play in the new snow.

As much as we are grumbling about the late-winter snow it is much needed moisture, and I will be much more thankful for it in spring when I see my plants returning to life once again.

I didn't finish my doll tale of last week.  I told you about the Tressy doll I got for Valentine's Day but not about the other 2.  Do you remember Tammy?  How about Pepper, Tammy's little sister?

The first time I ever saw a Tammy doll was about 1965.  My sister-in-law's sister had a Tammy, and a Tammy wardrobe full of unbelievable clothes and accessories, and hangers... real doll hangers!!  She let me play with her Tammy doll, and I was in heaven.

Tammy is a collectible now, as is her sister Pepper.  The Tammy wardrobe is unheard of anymore, but I have my eyes open just in case.  The Tammy I got is in great shape, has an original dress and her sweater with the T on it.  Pepper, is not too bad, although her face has faded quite a bit.  She too has original clothes.

I'll take you back....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2JJsFS_74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHT5w1ooJ8

And here are my three dolls, Tressy, Tammy and Pepper...



What a great Valentine's Day gift!


Are you a wannabe Doll artist like me?  I ran across this challenge from one of the sites I belong to.  I am trying to decided whether or not to do this.  I really want to, have never done anything like this before - I think it would be fun.  Who wants to join me....

Check it out!

http://www.creationsinfiberinc.com/Gypsy-Challenge.html

Have a great weekend everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...