Thursday, March 22, 2012

Look What I found!

I have been under the weather all week... yet another of those silly sayings that I should try and research.  Under the weather.... hummm....

I have had a moderate to severe headache since Sunday, and no amount of rest or medication seems to help.  So I stayed home from work today in an effort to get rid of this silly thing.

It was another beautiful day here in Manitoba, so mid afternoon I decided to treat myself to a walk around my yard to inspect my flowerbeds and see if I could see any signs that spring had arrived.

Iris
I found spring in every corner of my yard, and it lifted my spirits so much that I began to feel the headache going away.  For March 22, in Winnipeg Manitoba these next pictures are pretty unbelievable... When I brushed the elm leaves that were covering the ground here is what I found in my yard...
Shasta Daisy


What I didn't find were any "spring" plants such as Tulips, Hyacinths, Snow drops.  I know I have a lot of them in my garden, but none of them are coming up... yet!
I think mother nature is a bit mixed up!

Very puzzling indeed...


Dianthus

Never has my garden looked this way on March 22nd before - I am cautiously optimistic!

I leave you with this gem...


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...