Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thusday's Thoughts!

I love the idea of re purposing items and I applaud those that come up with such ingenious ideas to reuse things that would otherwise end up in our garbage dumps or fire pits.

I seem to be stuck in the "ideas" for my outdoor room mode - I apologize if you are getting tired of this, but just in case you are not - I have found a couple more really neat things that people have come up with.

The first is a tutorial for making a hanging succulent garden.  I am going to try this for some "Live Art"  in my outdoor room. 

http://www.luna-see.com/2010/11/diy-tutorial-vertical-framed-succulent.html


The second is a little side table made from used shutters.  How I wish I'd hung on to the shutters that used to be in our kitchen and bathroom - this is neat...

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/crafts/how-to-build-a-table

BBQ update - we had our first cookout for the season last evening, and the new BBQ is super.  I think we are going to be cooking on this more than anything else for the next few months.  And best of all - no pots and pans to wash!  Yeah!

And - I noticed this morning that the Marigold seeds I planted on Sunday have sprouted... still nothing from the herbs and tomatoes however.  I don't know about you - but I am finding spring pretty exciting this year...

So much so that the needles and hooks have lain idle for over a week... I need to get back to work and finish things so I can concentrate on these other fun projects.

My favorite evening of the week is here - choir practice!!  We are busy working on music for Easter services (4 of them). 
Last week our choir had quite a shock.  One of our tenors had a stroke on the way home from practice on Thursday night.  He was about half way home and was not feeling well so pulled his car over and stopped.  The area he stopped is not the best area to do such a thing, and luckily another car stopped to see if he was okay, and they noticed that he was not.  They called the ambulance and he was rushed to the hospital.  He was lucky - he survived and seems to be doing quite well - but I'm sure he will not be back to choir for some time.  Get better, Al - we are going to miss you in the choir, and look forward to your return when you are healthy again.

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...