Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just Winging It!

I am frustrated.  I am trying to design wings for little angels ( a new kind) made from copper wire.  I think part of my problem might be the fact that the needle-nose pliers I am using to twist the wire about are very old, and in poor shape at the tip.  If I am going to make any amount of these little gals, then I will have to invest in some tools.

I am also trying to add the odd light-reflecting glass bead here and there on the wings... yeah this isn't exactly going as planned either....

I am pretty much a fiber artist - beads and wire don't really fall in my realm of expertese - but still they say one should always challenge oneself....

Well I am doing that part, just fine.

So here's what I have so far - I'd say I need lots and lots of practice!

This little angel or fairy or whatever she turns out to be has a long way to go until I am going to be satisfied enough to market her - I'll let you know how it goes!

In the meantime, it's back to the baby blanket that I was working on a month or so ago.   A special Congratulations to Trevor and Andrea on the birth of their little girl yesterday.  Looking forward to meeting the new member of the family very soon.  Also big congratulations to Grandpa Lorne, and Grandma Debbie... 2 grand babies in less than a year - how wonderful is that!

Good thing it's not quite spring here yet - I have a lot of work to do before I can think of gardening!

Have a great day everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...