Thursday, June 13, 2013

SOME TIPS TO TRY!

I know it's only Thursday - but it's my Friday today - and I couldn't be more happy if I tried.  Tomorrow I start the 1st of my 10 Friday's off for the summer months.  Yeah, Yeah!

I couldn't have picked a better week to start my shorter work weeks either.  Learning a new billing program is very hard on the old brain.  It is not co-operating very well at all (the brain).  It doesn't help much that the new software is messed up either - 1/2 of it is not working right in our "environment"... but what else is new! But we have almost made it through the week without going bald so I guess there are a few positives.

I thought I'd cap this week off with some helpful things.  If you are on Facebook, or Pinterest you know how both sites are full of great recipes for food and drinks - but also for every day household things.  Two really useful ones came to me on FB last week and I saved them to share them here for those of you who might have missed them elsewhere on the net.

It seems we all are having a much wetter summer this year, so this first one might prove to be more useful than we would maybe even want - I'll try anything to get rid of these pests...

HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
Items needed:
1 cup of water 
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle

HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)

Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.



And this one - if you are having a rainy day and can't get outside but instead need to stay indoors and do some cleaning...



Naturally Repair Wood With Vinegar and Canola Oil. So, for a super cheap repair, use 3/4 cup of oil, add 1/4 cup vinegar. white or apple cider vinegar, mix it in a jar, then rub it into the wood. You don’t need to wipe it off; the wood just soaks it up.


Never let it be said that Blogging cannot be useful!

Have a great weekend  - stay safe!




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...