Thursday, June 6, 2013

Remember when pedaling backwards meant STOP?

Do you ever get the feeling like you are pedaling backwards?   You have so many things to do, so many ideas, so many projects, and really all you want to do is sit in a comfy chair and read a book!

That's me right now.  All of a sudden, in all the mess I have created with projects and expectations (of myself) I just want to read.

Too bad for me, there is no time to read at the moment.  My "to do" list just keeps growing and growing ... but I'm happy to say that might change very soon.

This is my last full week to work until September.  Starting next Friday I am taking every Friday off for the summer, so I get a long weekend every week, and an extra long weekend a couple of times between now and then.  I love taking Friday's off in the summer.  Just having that one extra day to catch up on my chores, makes a huge difference in my ability to get to the things I really WANT to do... crafts, gardening... reading!

The only thing that is putting a bit of a smear on my Friday's off is the fact that after today the billing program that I have worked in for over 20 years will be no more.  Tomorrow they are installing a new program, which I have not even seen yet.  We are going to train "Live" which means we are just going to learn as we work.

It is going to slow me down considerably, and with the shortened work week I imagine I will get quite behind very quickly.  Hopefully my old brain won't be too sluggish to pick up and learn this new system.

But I won't worry about that yet - instead there are other things to think about...

Like gardening - I did buy some annuals last evening, I got my fertilizer - and yes, I got the metal cleaner, so this evening I plan to be busy planting pots and polishing the Singer for the garden.   I did not get the vinyl fence panel that I wanted to block off the end of the patio from the AC unit and the recycling bins  - sadly the store was sold out with no rain checks... so I will rethink that idea....

I found some more tiny little plants for the fairy gardens too, so hopefully I can get them planted and start that project as well.

I'll talk to you tomorrow... hopefully with some new pictures to share...


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...