Thursday, February 24, 2011

What would you do?

Okay, so yesterday I was tell you I had a dilemma.  I bought a 10 lb bad of potatoes a week ago, costing me over 5.00.  I have bought the same kind of potatoes for years, and from time to time have experienced one or two not so good potatoes in the bag, but this particular bag was 80% rotten.

It started on Saturday night when I made baked potatoes.  Every one we cut into after cooking was black inside.  So now it's Sunday - I have made a roast beef, and so I decided to make mashed potatoes.  When I started peeling the potatoes, directly under the brown of the skin was green.  When I sliced them to cut them in small pieces to boil them, this is what I found in most of them.

Would you not be disgusted?  I was, and still am.  The ones that were okay turned brown when they were cooking.

So on the bag was some big statement about the customers satisfaction being guaranteed, and wouldn't you know, an email address.

So off I go to my computer, with the bag in hand, and the pictures I have taken.  I write a firm letter of complaint, include the bar code from the bag, and of course my pictures... and here it is over 4 days later, and I have had no response.

This really makes me mad, mad, mad.  I don't want coupons, free potatoes for life or even my money back - I just want someone to acknowledge my complaint and my email, and tell me they are sorry or ruining two meals and my desire to ever peel a potato again.

Was I wrong to complain?  Would you have done the same?  Should I put it on Facebook... you know I am very tempted to do that...

Do you need another closer view?


Okay I have grossed you out enough - 

here are the answers to yesterdays quiz for Old Farts... yes that is what the quiz was called... so glad I only got 16 right, that means I'm still a youngster, and not an old fart!!


ANSWERS

1. (b) On the floor, to the left of the clutch. Hand controls, popular in Europe , took till the late '60's to catch on.

2. (b) To sprinkle clothes before ironing.. Who had a steam iron?

3.. (c) Cold weather caused the milk to freeze and expand, popping the bottle top...

4 . (a) Blackjack Gum.

5. (b) Special makeup was applied, followed by drawing a seam down the back of the leg with eyebrow pencil.

6. (a) 1946 Studebaker.

7. (c) Wax coke bottles containing super-sweet colored water.

8. (a) Wax for your flat top (butch) haircut.

9. (a) With clamps , tightened by a skate key, which you wore on a shoestring around your neck.

10.. (c) Eeny-meeny-miney-mo.

11. (c) Polio. In beginning of August, swimming pools were closed, movies and other public gathering places were closed to try to prevent spread of the disease.

12. (b) Taxi , Better be ready by half-past eight!

13. (c) Macaroni ....

14 (c) Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.

15. (a) Princess Summerfallwinterspring. She was another puppet.

16... (a) Immediately sniffed the purple ink to get a high.

17. (b) Put in a special stamp book, they could be traded for household items at the Green Stamp store.

18. (c) Ammunition, and we'll all be free.

19. (a) The widely famous 50's group: The Inkspots.

20. (a) Tony Bennett, and he sounds just as good today.

SCORING

17- 20 correct : You are older than dirt, and obviously gifted with mental abilities. Now if you could only find your glasses. Definitely someone who should share your wisdom!

12 -16 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but you're getting there.

0 -11 correct: You are not old enough to share the wisdom of your experiences.


Good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...