Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a Doll!

I got this little doll at my fourth birthday party, from a neighbour boy Glen Matsuo.  By the looks of her she was well played with over the years.. her painted socks and shoes are pretty much colourless now, and a couple of her tiny finger have been chewed (I confess - I remember doing this)!

I wish I could remember what she wore when new, but really - that was 51 yrs ago!

She stands 8.5 inches high, has painted on eyes, and has long reddish brown hair.  She has been sitting on my self for years wearing a pink crocheted dress that I made for her years and years ago when I was learning to crochet.  Gary says she has my face... awwwwwe!

I don't think I named this doll - if I did, I can't remember what it is.   She has no markings on her, so I think she might have been an inexpensive dime store-type purchase,  birthday parties being what they were 51 yrs ago - I don't think the gifts were outlandish like the parties of today.

I want to make her a new little outfit, but  I am in a quandary as to what to make.  A dress for sure - red?  Yeah I think red, to match her fading red shoes (which I think I'll repaint).  Should I make an apron too? Not sure... anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah - I'm crocheting the dress from size 10 crochet cotton - forgot to mention that.

I know my friend Eva would sew something cute and frilly - but she's a sewer - I'd rather avoid sewing such a small dress, thanks just the same.


So now I have a project to work on before the weekend hits.  Think I can get it done by the weekend?  Maybe if I get off this darn computer, once in awhile, I just might be able to get it done!

I'll post a picture when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...