Friday, February 18, 2011

A New Book on the Way.

I am back to writing a new book.  I actually started this one a couple of years ago, but ran out of steam a quarter of the way through it.  I have 20,000 words down, most my stories run about 80,000 words so I have a way to go, but I would like to share it with my readers here.

You were so kind to me with Winter Wheat - I'd like to see what you think about this one.   Bear in mind that it is the rough version, there will no doubt be re-writes long after I have put it on here, but we'll see how it goes.

It is modern day and that's all I'm going to say -

I will start posting chapters March 1st, and post only 1 a week so you'll have to check in and catch them when you can.  The reason I'll only do 1 a week is so I can keep writing a couple of chapters ahead of you.  Hopefully I can do this - knowing you will be expecting more chapters just might spur me on to writing every day until the book is done.

I am also toying with the idea of sending Winter Wheat back out to Publishers.  I haven't done this for a few years, after all one can only tolerate so many rejection letters a year - but it has been sitting dormant so maybe I will have better luck with it, this time around.  What do you think?  Should I get it moving again?

I haven't mentioned it lately, but I do appreciate every minute you spend checking and reading my blog.  I hope you still find my topics interesting, and I thank you all for your continued support.

It is a long weekend here this weekend, so I won't be posting on Monday.  I plan to spend the weekend painting the trim (windows and baseboards) in my sun room.  It has been 7 yrs since I last painted and decorated in there, and it is time for a much-needed face lift.  Of course, I will take before and after pictures of this project too.

The little red dress for my me-doll, is progressing slowly, but I think it is going to be cute when it's done.  Hopefully I will have a finished project by the end of the weekend.

So until Tuesday - stay well, stay warm, and please have a great weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...