Friday, February 4, 2011

Another week gone!

How did it get to be Friday, again so soon?  It seems the older one gets, the faster the weeks fly by, and in my case this week  has flow by and I have accomplished very little.

But it has been an amazing week in our home, even if I didn't accomplish much, I don't really care.  The benefits of Gary's surgery on Monday have overshadowed everything else that went on this week, and we can feel nothing but joy for the wonderful outcome of this surgery.

As I write this, I can hear the pipe organ downstairs, and I am hearing classical pieces I have never heard played on this organ before (he's only had it since summer).  I haven't heard these tunes for almost two years, because Gary couldn't see to read the music.  He has pretty much been playing from memory, and not that it was not good - it was - it just wasn't spectacular like it is tonight.  I think some u-tube video will be coming up once he gets his fingers limbered up again.

On a totally different subject I must comment on the weather.  It got above freezing today (Thursday)and it is supposed to tomorrow  as well.  The snow was soft to walk on, but the air was beautiful , and the miserable north wind was noticeably absent... Yeah!

The down side of warm weather for us at this time of year is precipitation, and true to form, they are calling for snow and/or freezing drizzle tonight and tomorrow.  It would be much kinder to be able to enjoy the balmy weather without consequences, but I guess that's not our call.

The children down the street have been collecting the big chunks of ice and snow left behind by the snowplows and they have been building a fort city on the front lawns of two homes.  I remember doing this as a child myself, and later teaching my young son the art of fort building.  I suspect if the weather stays warm, and the snow soft, we will start to see some pretty sizable snowmen springing up around the neighbourhood.  Oh how I would love to get out there and join them!

So whatever the weather has in store for you this weekend, I hope you all have a great weekend - stay warm, stay safe, and I'll meet you here again early Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...