Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Friday Again!

Are you like me?  Completely and utterly thrilled that it is Friday and the weekend in near?  It's been a busy week, and I for one, am looking forward to a couple of days at home.

I have Canadian Diabetes coming to pick up stuff for the thrift stores on Tuesday, so I hope to continue to purge unwanted and unused articles of every kind to donate.  I still have a lot of cupboards and closets to get through so wish me luck.

In the back of my mind are several projects I would like to have enough time to consider.  One is a new pair of mittens - for me.  My double knitted mitts that I have been wearing all winter have finally deteriorated beyond the point of repair.  Too bad too - because they have been so wonderfully warm all these cold winter mornings waiting for the bus.  This morning I wore two pair of gloves (on of them wool) and my hands were freezing.

Another project I'd like to consider is finishing the replica of my wedding dress that I started last fall - made from my wedding dress for one of my old-fashioned fashion doll.  I have yet to source some high-heeled shoes for her, but my friend Eva has suggested Ebay - so there is another project for me.

And then there is the quilting project I started last fall.... remember that?  I barely do - but I have set it out so it is "in my face" - maybe, just maybe I can get inspired!

Whatever I do, no doubt the weekend will fly by as always, and I'll return to work early Monday morning, totally disgusted with myself for wasting so much of my weekend doing... well, a whole lot of nothing... but cleaning, laundry, cooking, surfing the Internet... well you get the picture!

Happy productive weekend all - don't forget to take some time for yourselves somewhere in the next couple of days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...