Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gone Gone Gone!

How can three days disappear so quickly?  I had so much planned for my long weekend, and I before I barely began  - it's over!

I did manage to get our taxes done and filed, so that was a good thing.

I did manage to finish the little red dress for my old doll, and I think it turned out pretty cute.

I didn't get any painting done as planned as I discovered Saturday morning I didn't have the right sized paintbrush, and with the temps way down in the -20's I just was not inclined to go and get one, so I scrapped that idea until it's a little nicer weather so I can have the windows open at the same time.

Churchill wasn't doing very well again this weekend, so I made him his favorite food (mashed potatoes) and coaxed him to eat - and he did eat all I gave him.  The rest of the weekend, I hand-fed him, or he wouldn't have eaten a thing.   I don't know, it doesn't look like he's going to be with us much longer.  He sleeps a lot, and doesn't move around much, and I think I am finally prepared to say goodbye to my sweet little friend, when the time finally comes.

Week 8  on Weight Watchers and I am down 14lbs.  My clothes are starting to hang on me, which is a wonderful feeling.  It seems the weight goes in starts and fits... one week I loose a couple pounds, the next week I maintain.  Which is okay, as long as I don't gain!

Have you watched the news about the earthquake in New Zealand?  My neighbours are from Christchurch, and have many friends and relation there.  This beautiful old city has been really having a hard time.  It started in Sept 2010 with a large quake, and has been experiencing small quakes almost daily since then, and now another strong one.  Gordon and Elaine tell me that quakes are a common thing there, they know what do do, as they experience them regularly.  But perhaps all the little shocks over the past 6 months or so has weakened buildings, and now most definitely spirits.  My thoughts and prayers are with these people...

So now, on to the business of Tuesday... hope it's a good day for everyone.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...