Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Happier Day!

Music has always played a very special role in my life.  Over the years I have played many instruments, and sang in many choirs, and after taking voice training for a lot of years, I soloed many times at weddings, and other various occasions.

When I was a teenager I belonged to a youth singing group, and every year we did a variety show called "Showboat."  My voice trainer was also the artistic director for this show, so I had a lot of solos and lead roles over the years.  My voice was very suitable for folk music, and because I could also strum a guitar it seemed natural for me to perform songs such as Four Strong Winds; Where have all the flowers gone; The Green Leaves of Summer; Michael Row the Boat and many more favorites of the 60's and 70's.  It was the era of Peter Paul and Mary, The Brother's four; The Kingston Trio; Gordon Lightfoot, just to name a few.

Gary received an itunes card at Christmas, and last weekend he approached me with a huge smile on his face and handed me his ipod to listen to an album he had purchased off itunes.  It was the Golden Anniversary CD of The Brother's Four.  Yes - I did say Golden Anniversary - this year marks their 50th year of entertaining audiences around the world with their special blend of voice and acoustic instruments.  It's fabulous - let me tell you - I play it over and over, singing every song right along with them, - I can't seem to get enough of this wonderful album.


If you like folk - good honest to goodness folk - you have to check it out.  I guarantee you won't be able to sit quietly and listen - they will have you humming, or plain out singing right along with them.


If you read my sad story yesterday, I must tell you that little Churchill is back.  He is eating, drinking, kissing and busy cleaning and preening and hanging upside down on the side of the cage to get my attention.  My heart feels much lighter than it did a couple of days ago - but I still am going to keep a close eye on him and see if I can figure out what is causing these scary spells he's been having.

And lastly - the scale was kind to me again this week - I'm down 2 more lbs, for a grand total of 12 since the beginning of January.  I am really pumped to get rid of this weight, and I think I am well on the way to where I want to be.

So all in all a much better day than the past few - hope your day has been great too...


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...