Monday, March 11, 2019

YUMMY MINESTRONE SOUP!

Good Monday morning to you all!  It is a beautiful morning, quite mild, and finally a feeling of spring in the air has brought a spring to my step!

You all have been so patient, through the Blue jean series, that I thought I would give you a break today, and share a recipe that is fast becoming a favourite in my kitchen.  I have made it twice now and each time it was great.

We love home made soups and I try and make some type of home made soup several times a month, if not more.  I have a pot of turkey rice cooking this morning, and already the house is smelling so good!

This soup is a Crock-pot version, but I am sure you could adapt this to a regular stock pot, or whatever you prefer to use to make your soup in.

You still have time to make this up for supper tonight...





Zesty Minestrone

1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 cup chopped onions ( 1 medium)
1/2 chopped celery ( 1 stalk)  I used a couple.
1/2 cup chopped carrots ( I used more than a cup)
1 can 540 ml diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can 540 ml red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans 284 ml each vegetable broth... ( I used the Campbell veg broth in the boxes)
 2 cups water
1 tsp Italian seasoning ( I used my own grown herbs - thyme, oregano,)
1-1/2 Cup small pasta shells, uncooked
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Heat dressing in a large nonstick skillet on med high heat.  Add onions, celery and carrots, cook 2 minutes or until crisp - tender, stirring occasionally.  Spoon into slow cooker.  Add tomatoes with their liquid, the beans, broth, water and seasoning: stir and cover.

Cook on LOW for 6 hours ( or HIGH for 3 hours)

Stir in pasta and cook 10-15 minutes more or until pasta is tender.  Serve and sprinkle with cheese.

These are great served with some biscuits, a cheese bun or a dark rye bread.  Add a salad and you have a filling meal.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...