Monday, March 18, 2019

BUNNIES AND BATS!

Here we are back to Monday of a new week once again.  I hope wherever you are, that spring has reached you.

Spring is happening here with a sudden warm up and lots of melting.  The sudden melt is not what anyone has wished for because of very real threats of overland flooding in many areas of the province.   Still, we don't control the weather - all we can do is deal with what is given us.

This morning I was able to walk to the post office in just my running shoes.  No snow boots, not even rubber boots ... yeah!  It kind of felt funny, to tell you the truth!

How was every one's weekend? 

I managed to finish one project that I had started just when my Elna decided to go on the fritz.  This is just something I designed on the fly, mainly to use up some pretty blue scraps, and because I wanted something blue in my dining room to go with my terracotta- coloured walls.

The Elna conked right in the middle of this piece as I was doing the blue daisy stitching around the little saying.  I never did get to finish that stitching all the way around to the bottom of the heart.  My other old machine doesn't do fancy stitches, so I just did a plain stitch in white to complete the bottom of the heart.

Because the heart in the middle of the piece didn't exactly turn out the way I thought it would, I decided to add the three little hearts on the side.  I kind of like how it turned out in the end.


I found a cute pattern for a long eared bunny on Pinterest, so I am in the process if making a couple of little bunnies for the grand-daughters for Easter.  I will also make the girls a few colourful headbands, one can never have too many of those.

Here is the first little bunny, sitting in a pile of ribbons, waiting to have her legs and tail attached.  She is made from pink felt, and the inside of her ears are just a cotton print fabric.   

I think I will do the second bunny in a print fabric.  I did some modifications on the pattern, and  I added my own stitching for the face.  I still need to add a white dot on the eyes to give her some expression.

I made a little Vlog yesterday, just a chat about spring, garden plans, some house ideas, and a surprise visit from a tiny misplaced creature.
so if you are interested here is the link to that.


I will talk to you in a few days... enjoy these beautiful spring days!




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...