Thursday, March 7, 2019

A LITTLE LEFT OVER!

 So while I am still working with the old jeans - up cycling them into purses and things, I stumbled upon yet another cute little idea for some of the leftover pieces.

After I cut the straps for the purses from the legs of the jeans, I had a little bit left over on the cuff end of the leg.  These were obviously skinny leg jeans,  but still useful in making a couple little cute decorative snugs or holders, bowls - whatever you want to call them.

I turned the two pieces of the skinny leg jeans into little holders for my studio.  But if you used a larger leg, you could make these for going around pots with plants in them, or even into little fabric baskets.




Just by adding a bit of trim, and bling, you can have a cute little accent piece for your desk, your kitchen window, your bathroom, your patio table - whatever you want to use it for.

They are simple - just cut the bottom off a leg of a pair of pants.  Because these were skinny, I cut about 8" from the cuff.  If I was covering a flower pot, I might start at 12".

Sew the cut end together, and box the ends by sewing across the ends of your seams,



 turn your piece right side out and roll down the cuff to the length you want and embellish as you want.

 




                                 
















I went with this in the end.  And another of my little flowers!



I think we still have some pieces of jean material left - Hummmm.... What's next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...