Tuesday, March 5, 2019

STITCHING AND - - - WELL - YOU TELL ME!

Last week I decided to go through my bags of scrap fabric with the idea of making a small wall hanging for my dining room.   The walls are a terracotta colour and the colour that looks absolutely gorgeous against those walls is a dark blue, so I pulled the bag of blue scraps.

I had stitched a little saying on some muslin with blue thread, so I decided to make two crazy quilt squares in different colours of blues to attach above and below the saying to form my little wall hanging.

The two crazy quilted squares went together without a hitch, and are gorgeous.  Then I got the brainwave to use my old sewing machine to do a decorative heart in blue daisies around the saying... so I did that.

Well that didn't turn out quite as I planned because the daisy embroidery stitch pulled the muslin kinda wonky.

I added my batting and backing to the piece and decided to just do a simple machine quilting, so I started on the lowest blue square - yeah - I know you are supposed to start in the middle - but in this case,  nope - not happening.



About 6 rows into the quilting the Elna just quit.  Lost power - Finished!

Oh boy - the squares were not the only thing blue, I can tell you!  What the heck??

So I oiled the machine... nothing, I worked on it for a couple of hours, and I did manage to get it to a crawl, but that's it.

I was so frustrated because I have two machines, one the light just blew, and the other dead!

Well I showed them both - I cleaned!




Not only did I clean - I completely tore the whole studio apart, rearranged the layout, reorganized everything -



And still the machine wouldn't run faster than a drunk snail!

So there that projects sits beside the machine.... waiting!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...