Thursday, March 14, 2019

SPRING MIGHT BE HERE AT LAST!

I do believe spring has finally arrived in our little corner of the world.  I see grass showing in places where the snow was not so deep, and for the past couple of days the snow piles have receded quite a bit.

It makes me realize that I have to get a move on and get stuff finished in the studio, because I will probably be working outside  even before all the snow is melted.

I have so many new things I would like to try, but play time in the studio is running out for me.

One of the things I really want to try is free-motion quilting.  Even though I do not have the right kind of machine to really do this, there are some adjustments I can make to my old machines in order to try to accomplish this task.  For free motion, the feed dogs need to be dropped, and most newer machines have a button you press to do this.   My old machines can be adapted -  I can tape a credit card across the feed dogs so the fabric will be able to be move freely while quilting.  I don't have a free motion quilting foot, but I do have a embroidery foot which is almost the same thing, so I might yet give this technique a try.

I also want to try my hand at fabric painting using Inktense pencils, which are basically a coloured pencil, but when used with a medium will permanently dye fabric, once heat-set with an iron.  This means I could draw or write my own words on fabric and then quilt them into them a project...
I can't wait to try this technique as well -

But first, Dale needs to finish things already started.

Yesterday I managed to finish the other bunting - this one is for our 4 yr old grand daughter.  I love how colourful and bright it is.  I am very pleased with both the banners.  I have never made these before, but would certainly make more sometime.

So here is the second finished bunting, and now I am going to spend the next few days getting rid of the piles of projects on my work tables.

Here's hoping I don't run out of coffee!

I will talk to you again next week... take care, everyone!






 






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...