Monday, July 15, 2013

Strawberries and Roller Blades!

I can't believe how quickly 3 days off can go.  I have all kinds of things I want to do and then "Poof"  the weekend is gone.

I did not accomplish near what I wanted to this past weekend, mostly because the first two days I was off I wasn't feeling up to snuff.  So pretty much everything waited for the last day.

Sunday I was up early, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and then right in the middle of all that I decided to make some Strawberry freezer jam from some strawberries I had picked up from the store on Thursday.  What a panic!

It's been several years since I made jam, wasn't even sure if I even still had jars, so I went looking.  Found the jars way up on the top shelf in the back of my kitchen cupboards... but no lids or rings.  Down to the basement and through the son's very messy room to the storage closet.  Well half of the closet is Jons' closet and the other half is my storage - or it's supposed to be.  Someone has been moving things around my side to make room for more of his junk from his side!

Anyway, after much digging, and muttering under my breath I did locate lids, and rings for my little jam jars so off I went to make my jam.

From 4 cups of fruit, I got 10 jars of jam... wonderfull!

And it only took about and hour from start to finish - minus washing up afterward - not bad at all.


So then it was back to laundry and house cleaning.

Yeah, well laundry and house cleaning are boring, so I decided to take a break and play around with a doll I found last week at the thrift store.  She was very dirty, her hair was a mess, but she was only a 1.99, so I bought her, not even knowing if she would work.

After some serious soap and water, and de-knotting of the hair, she looks pretty good.  But does she work?




She's a little skittish on some surfaces, but really seems to have taken to my kitchen table.

Another neat find...








No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...