Monday, July 22, 2013

Anyone need a Gown?

Well here we are, Monday again... but much cooler this Monday morning than the last few!  We had a ton of rain last evening, and lots of thunder and lightening.  One jolt pretty much knocked me off the rocking chair - it certainly scared me out of it, and right out of the sun room down to the basement.  I am the first to admit that I am a real chicken in thunderstorms.  I was trying to be brave last eve by sitting out there watching it - it's not where I usually would be found in a storm.

I had a busy weekend doing what must would say is nothing... but I was busy at it anyway!  I spent pretty much the entire weekend in my craft room.  YEAH!   Something I have been wanting to do for a very long time, but just haven't gotten there.  I took a break from my usual activities and tried something new (for me).

I designed and created embellishments for card making, scrap booking, tag making - whatever making, I guess.  This after walking up and down the isles at Michael's looking at all the embellishments for sale for just this activity.  Some are awful -  don't know why anyone would buy them, some are good, and some are great... but it occurred to me because of the size of the isle that these embellishments were a huge selling feature of the paper section.  The second thought that came to mind was why don't people just make their own embellishments?  They certainly could save themselves a lot of money if they did...

So I decided to try and design some shabby chic-type dresses for this type of craft.  Here is what I came up with.

My very first effort is this one...



I had trouble with the silk fabric with this one, but have since figured out how to get the edges to stay clean and crisp.












My second effort was this one - which I hate... see I do show you my rejects - this one hit the trash almost before the glue was dried...

Then my personal favorite
and then

and finally....

The last three I am happy with, not so much the first two.

I have a bunch more cut out , but there is yet another idea running around my empty head, that I want to try next...

But in the meantime, I need to get working on a baby doll this week and actually make some progress with her....

So this too will be continued!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...