Thursday, March 21, 2013

Go Crocodile!

Well I promised you pictures of Bob when he was finished.  I thought I'd also put his before picture up so you could see the real change in the doll.  I am very happy with the way he turned out, and the short time Bob has been with us, he has become a family favorite.


Before:

After:


I knit his little outfit, which I think suits him perfectly.  The sock monkey is the one I mentioned in my last post.  Made in the 1970's by Aunt Margaret Vick - made from miniature socks.

Okay on to the next post....

If you are a serious crocheter you will already know that March is Crochet month - yeah I know - I'm a little late in acknowledging that fact - but better late than never at all!  There are many great book giveaways and draws online this month honoring Crochet Month.  Most Yarn stores are participating, so if you are interested in that sort of thing - check it out.  Personally I never win those things, so I don't even bother trying anymore!

I thought I'd wow you crocheters with a stitch that perhaps some of you have not heard of - or tried.

It is not for the fickle - I'll warn you right now but if you manage to get it right - it is amazing amazing...

I am talking about the Crocodile Stitch.

I had seen projects done in this stitch and never knew what it was called.  Once I did some investigating I found many sites that offer tutorials and how-two's.

Here is one of the best ones on the net...  really good tutorials on how to do this stitch as well as links to free patterns using this stitch.
http://www.mooglyblog.com/free-crocodile-stitch-crochet-patterns/

I am working through an idea on using this stitch in a flapper dress I am designing (for a doll) using #10 crochet cotton and a size 7 needle.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

Good luck - and let me know how you made out with this!

Happy Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...