Monday, March 25, 2013

A simple THANK YOU!

I want to start this post today saying a very heart-felt thank you to all my readers, wherever you may be.  Friday was an awesome day for my blog - I had the largest number of visitors ever - 256!  I am still numb thinking about that... it's awesome - THANK YOU!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Is spring progressing where you are?

Even though it has yet to reach temps above freezing here - it is melting.  I guess the sun in strong and warm enough.  I have noticed that the snow in the yard that was reaching the top of the fence a couple of weeks ago, is down a couple of inches.  Some of the snow piles do look smaller, and there is a lot of ice standing on the roads in the morning - so melting IS taking place.

The birds were extremely noisy and busy near my home on the weekend, and as I sat in my sun room trying to design a shoe for a doll, I watched a big fluffy looking Red squirrel hop from limb to limb on the big Elm tree outside my window.  He dug around in the V of the tree for awhile, sat and chewed on something he had probably stored there last fall and then stretched out on his belly on the limb and went to sleep.  It was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time.  It was like he was saying.. "Yes - sun, heat... finally!"

I have really had food on my mind the past few weeks.  I see a recipe and I want to make it.  Not that I have actually made anything I have seen - but I've thought about it!

There have been a few really nice recipes come my way of late, so I thought I would share them here - maybe someone else will make them, and enjoy them for me.

So here you go - enjoy!

This one can be used for anyone on Weight Watchers...

 
FROZEN BERRY COBBLER.







Frozen berries, dry cake mix, and 1 can of sprite. yummy cobbler. It sounds so easy - and it is good and weight watcher friendly! Ingredients
Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries
1 box white cake mix (no pudding)
1 can of diet 7-up or sierra mist (clear soda)

Instructions
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop - this will give you a 'crust'. If you stir the two, you will have a cake like topping.

Bake 350 for 45-50 min.

You may be able to use frozen peaches instead of mixed berries.

Serves 16; 4 PointsPlus



Breakfast Cookies.



These amazing breakfast cookies contain no flour, no sugar, no dairy.

1.5 cups of oats, 2-3 super ripened bananas ,1 cup of unsweetened applesauce, a handful of craisins, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just throw everything together, mix it up pretty well, throw it on a baking sheet at 350 for 35 minutes.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...