Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oh what pretty girls!

Well for a long weekend, this past weekend sure was short!  I had all kinds of things I planned to do, but once again I fell short on my tasks.

I did manage to get the craft room cleaned - AGAIN!  If anyone has discovered a way to keep a crafting area tidy, I sure wish you would share that.  The only time mine it tidy is if I have not been working in there, and even then things get piled around and pretty soon its a mess.

Material and thread are the worse.  Little pieces of material and thread are tracked all over the house when I am sewing, even though I have my garbage can right beside the machine.  Oh well - the cons of creativity, I guess...

I sewed a couple of pretty hook cases for gifts, and I dug some more dolls out of that box of dolls I bought last November and had yet another spa day.  I think there are only 4 more dolls left, so I am almost ready to start thinking about selling off some of them.

Here are a couple of before and after shots of the large rubber dolls that I have been working on.  This first one was in really sad shape.  Her hair was very badly matted, and her eyes were stuck.  She has taken hours and hours to restore.  But I am very happy with the outcome.  She is an unmarked doll from the 40's or 50's, and has hazel coloured eyes which is quite unusual for that era.  She is wearing her original dress, but I made her a sweater to go with it, and found her some shoes and socks.  She is lovely, and I will be keeping her in my personal collection.


This next girl was not in as bad shape as the other.  She basically just needed and bath and a shampoo.  I love her pretty face.  She also is rubber, large and I'd say the same age as the other doll.    She too will stay in my personal collection.   These are the type of dolls I had as a kid so they are very special to me.      There is one more really large rubber doll (larger even than these two) but she has a serious eye problem that I am trying to figure out how to fix.  




So the weekend was sewing, dolls, some baking, some house cleaning, some long naps and some reading.  I guess it wasn't such a bust after all....


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...