Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tote's anyone?

Remember way back when, I mentioned that I was making a large tote bag for carrying my lunch and crafts back and forth to work on the bus?  Well guess what I found last evening when I decided to clean my desk a bit?

I had gotten as far as making a pattern from some newsprint and cutting the side panels.  I am using a very heavy canvas, doubled, and each side is 2 layers because once the handles are on, it will make a 6 pocket (on the outside) bag.

The canvas is plain, so I dressed it up a bit with two different ribbons, just to give it a bit of definition.  I sewed the side panels last evening and made the straps, now I just need to sew the straps on tonight, whip the two sides together and it's ready to test out.

It's big - I wanted it so, as I cart salads, fruit, water bottles and whatever project I am working on to work every day.  I tried a back pack, but hated always having to shrug out of it when I got on the bus.

Hopefully this will work better for me.

Here's how it's looking...



A bag like this would cost twenty to thirty dollars here... I've made it from remnants of other projects.

I think I am quite proud of myself.  Of course the next thing that will happen will be co-workers will see the bag and want one... what do you want to bet?

A side note:  I weighed in yesterday, and I'm down 2 more lbs - that makes 8 lbs lost this month.  I am pumped, and more determined than ever to get down to where I was over 5 yrs ago.

Happy hump day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...