Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Brother!


Today is my youngest brother Dean's birthday.  Happy Birthday Bro!  Because he is so special to me, I decided to devote my blog to him today.
Dean and I have 3 older brothers who were not around a lot when we were growing up, so in a lot of ways it felt like we were the only children of our parents.  Because of this we have been closer, have more shared memories and experiences and also can converse better with each other than we can with the rest of our siblings.

As a child, Dean was a hyper-active little redhead.  He had an abundance of energy and ideas, and as the only redhead in the family, more combustion than anyone in the family.  How he got that red hair is a family mystery, but I'd be willing to bet it came from our Great-grandfather on Dad's side who was of Scottish descent.

Growing up with Dean was never dull.  He was always up to something.  He loved cartoons, especially Popeye.  He loved his "dinky" cars, and still has a lot of them in his collection.  He loved bicycles - still does; rock and roll, and still does.



Dean and I are the only members of our family who have stuck it out in our hometown, even though we both have moved away and later returned, we have remained close.  Of all my brothers, he is the easiest to talk to, the most understanding of me, and the most caring of just about anyone in our bunch.  He is very much like Mom, and that is a very good thing.

Dean is a really good cook.  He worked in an up-scale restaurant as a student, and learned how to prepare and cook like a pro.  Here's a shot of him cooking a wedding supper for our cousin, many years ago.  See how much fun he's having!


Of note:  I still have this apron, and use it when I starch my crochet bears!
Although most of the red hair has vanished, he's still the same guy.  Still loves a good laugh, probably still watches Saturday morning cartoons, still collects "dinky" cars, and still listens to Rock and Roll music.

Gee, bro - when are you gonna grow up?

So Happy Birthday to my special brother.  I wish you a fun day, with good food, good music, and good company.    You may only be three years behind me - but you're catching up!
I love you....




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...