Thursday, January 6, 2011

Frozen boogers and such!

You will be thinking I have taken leave of my senses - perhaps you would be right - but this morning as I made my way to work in the frigid sub-zero Arctic air - I couldn't help thinking about a cartoon I saw once where two Eskimo men were sitting out in the middle of a frozen lake, icefishing.  The one Eskimo had obviously sneezed.. rather productively and it has frozen to his nose... the other simply says Ka - zoont- hite! (I'm sure I spelled this wrong).

This picture came to mind as I was standing out in -29 with windchill air - and I felt a sneeze coming on. My mind when zap - right to that cartoon - and then immediately to where in my 11 pocket jacket, would I find my hankie.... yes I did say hankie....

I have several hankies... and I always carry them, but seldom use them. I knew there was one in my bag - but that would entail opening the strap - removing my water bottle and lunch bag and fishing around at the bottom of the bag... couldn't stand the thought of being with out my mitts for that long... scrap that idea.

At the time I bought my 11 pocket jacket - I thought it was a splendid invention - this morning it was anything but.  Again I had to take off my mittens and fish around.... two breast pockets first... oops dropped the bus pass, and found last weeks grocery list with the dog shampoo I want to order online written on it (I thought I had lost it).

Next the arm pockets... cripes my hands are freezing... no hankie

Okay now it's getting serious - the inside pockets... zip open the coat - unwrap the scarf, zip open a little further  - oh hell just open the whole darn thing... fish, fish.... cell phone, drivers licence and other ID, (in case I get lost so someone knows who I am)... yeah I found it!

But you gotta know that by now, it's way too late, and I am just like that little Sneezing fellow sitting by the hole in the ice in the cartoon... Ka - zoont - hite.... indeed!

1 comment:

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...