Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh where or where can my Wii Fit be?

As I mentioned before, I have decided to go back on the Weight Watchers Program.  I'm pleased to say it is going quite well and I am down 9 lbs since the beginning of January.  I have been having knee problems so have not been exercising - well I'll use that as an excuse - truth be told - I abhor exercise!

But - part of the program includes exercise, and really, I do know that it is important to stay in shape (somewhat) and tone the muscles etc.

So on my last visit to the physiotherapist earlier this week, I asked him if my knee could take some exercise.  He told me to "Go for it", he tells me.   Yeah - well he's young, and fit, and has an abundance of energy, and is about to become a father for the second time, so he probably needs to keep busy!   Me - not so much!

My brain decided that some light Wii Fit would be a great way to start.  So I put new batteries in my board, dug out the controllers, and went to find the disk, only to discover it missing.  Other Wii games like Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers etc were there - but no Fit.

I had a fit - literally after searching through everything I could think of and not finding the disk anywhere.  The last time I had used the Wii (I'm embarrassed to admit this) was way back in April, prior to our trip to Chicago.  At that time the TV and the Wii were located in the sun room, and I knew exactly where the game disk was kept - in my little student's school desk.

Well I've moved the furniture around a zillion times since then - and for the life of me I could not imagine where the disk would be.

So, what is the next best thing that a mother could do?  You got it - blame the son.  He was out, so I  sent him a text and asked him if he had seen it.  "Nope, not since it was in your little desk upstairs."  says he.  Well we are sort of on the same wave-length - then I remember that during part of that in between time, he had taken the Wii down to his room.

Down I go, to the hole of all holes (his room).  Cripes, it's been wayyyy too long since I've been in that hole, so I shut my mind off and tried to manoeuvre the room to search for the disk.  Molly wanted to come and help, but honestly I didn't want to loose my beloved friend in the never-never, so I barred her from the room!

I did the best search I could tolerate - and found nothing I was looking for!

By now I am steaming mad - I am accusing his friends of "lifting" my disk, in fact I'm accusing just about anyone who will listen to my tirade... and I happen to notice that hubby is sitting quietly not saying a word - Oh Yeah - he knows when to hold it in!!

My best thinking is done in the rocking chair, so after 15 minutes of angry rocking, off I go again to the hole.  This time I dig, and guess what I find - my game.

Two hours have gone by, and I estimate I have probably burned as many calories looking and fretting over the disk.  Maybe I really don't need to exercise tonight after all?

I almost talked myself out of it, but in the end I did 10 minutes stepping and a 20 minute bike ride... and burned off the 10 peanuts I had consumed in my dilemma.

Well there's an evening well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...