Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Please Keep Warm

Today would have been a great day to take a vacation day ( if one had any left); it would also be a great day (if one was so inclined) to carry a small flask of rum in one's purse or pocket!  I so totally get why someone might do such a thing on a day such as this! 

It is beastly cold, as my Mom used to say!  Every station has a different reading, but the best one I heard this morning was -45 with the windchill.  Not too shabby for a Manitoba January - and I think probably the coldest we've had this season - but don't quote me on it.  We had a lot of fresh new snow over the weekend, and now the skies are beautiful blue, and the air is beautifully fresh.  Okay, Dale - they get it!!!

I took some pictures of my little corner of the world yesterday after work - and it is very beautiful.  Blue and white can be just as pretty as green and yellow...


Well I think so anyway. 


It was a bit difficult to communicate with my fellow bus riders at the stop this morning, however.  I have some hearing loss so conversing with someone who's voice is muffled with scarves, hoods and such can prove to be difficult.  And then there's the issues of not really being able to see who you are talking to anyway.  One of the gals who stands at the stop with me every morning was totally un-recognizable this morning.  Seriously - all I saw were here eyes, and even those were covered somewhat.  I didn't hear a word she said to me, but I was nice and nodded my head anyway!

And finally, the bus that arrived was either extremely early or extremely late - I'm thinking late.... The guy drove like a maniac on streets that were nowhere near perfect winter driving condition.  And I discovered something that should make me feel all warm and safe..... Buses have ABS brakes... either that or we were dragging some major piece of metal underneath that bus!

Happy Tuesday -  


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...