Thursday, November 29, 2018

HOW'S IT GOING?

How are you doing with your Christmas preparations?  Are you putting up decorations, sending cards, baking, shopping?

Remember when I posted that I was busy crocheting snowflakes and stitching ornaments for cards?  Remember I was going to get lots done?

Not happening!

I'm not really sure why that is.  It seems everything I have started to make this fall has ended up on the spare bed, either unfinished or ripped out.  I started mittens, and hats - finished 2 pair of mittens of  the 6 pair I planned to make, and haven't done any more.  I started 3 hats, and have since ripped all three off the needles.

I have done a bit better with the stitching - I have completed 4 ornaments... but have about 5 more unfinished.

It seems to be a growing trend with me - I am crafting less and less.

But I am doing much more with my music and photography, and I am writing more and more.

In fact since digging out the huge box of old pictures, cards and documents, I have really been thinking about writing another book.  When I start "thinking" about writing a book - the same thing always happens - it takes over my brain and a major part of my life for the time I am contemplating, planning and indeed "writing" purely in my thoughts.

This is where I am at the moment - writing in my head - forming characters, scenes, even conversations.  In this particular case, I already have all that, because the book I am thinking of writing is about my people, my family, myself.

My piano has once again taken over a major portion of my day.  Since I had my piano repaired and tuned in September, it has become the spot in my home where you will find me several times a day.  My piano has never sounded so good as since I had the soundboard and bridge repaired.  I am constantly amazed at the sound I am getting from it.   I also hope to expand my teaching, and get more students in the New Year, because of all the things I put my heart, mind and hands to - teaching is the one thing that gives me the most satisfaction of all.

To be able to pass on my training, knowledge and love of music is a gift that until now I have not harvested enough.

So to answer my own questions - Christmas preparations are at a minimum here.  No baking, no shopping, some cards and some decorations... and that might just be as good as it's going to get.


1 comment:

  1. I have to remember to mail your Christmas card, now that the strike is over!

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...