Tuesday, November 13, 2018

FINISHED WINDOW, AND SOME SNOW FOLKS!

I finished my old window yesterday.  It's not quite finished the way I really want it, but for now, it will do.  I still haven't found the mirror spray in any stores around here, so I might just wait until after the New Year and order it online.  It's too cold to be spraying anything outside, anyway - that job might have to wait for spring.

But, I really wanted it up for Christmas - so I cleaned it, hung it on the wall and yesterday I decorated it.

Funny that - originally I thought I wanted to hang a wreath on it - and I did try that, but it just wasn't right for my room.  So in the end, I decided to keep it simple.  It does pick up and reflect a lot of light coming in from the big west facing window, and our tree will be there, so no doubt it will reflect the lights from the tree as well.  So I simply hung three glass ornaments and three new handmade crochet snowflakes.

This project cost me 10.00 total.  I paid 20.00 for 2 windows this one is the inside and I still have the identical outside window to do something with. 

The glass balls were free, I found them at our local recycle place in the summertime.  I made the snowflakes from cotton I have had for years, and the ribbon was some that was in the box of craft supplies given to me from my Aunt Margaret's stash.


 below... a little closer look so you can see the snowflakes better.





I love this piece and it is going to be a beautiful mirror whenever I get that done - which still will be able to be decorated in much the same way for the holidays.




I decided to start putting my snowmen collection out, so down under the basement stairs I went and started hauling out totes of decorations.  The kitchen is the "Snow Zone"  All the snowmen are showcased here, and lucky for me, my kitchen is so long they sort of get lost in the big space so it is not overwhelming.

These are  now on a shelf over my sink...


and these are on another shelf on the wall.


I still have more to put out, some will go on my old kitchen cabinet, and every window in the kitchen will be decorated with a few snowflakes which I have also collected and made over the years.

So let the decorating begin!









No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...