Wednesday, November 21, 2018

CHANGE HAPPENS WHEN WE TRY!

I know a lot of my readers here, also follow me on Facebook, both on my personal page and on my Erndale's page.

There are so many times when I say to myself -  "I'm done with Facebook" - I can't stand the politics, the rudeness, the obviously sad state of our world and the people in it, the pictures of mutilated animals, the anger, the stupidity...

But then I will see a post that truly inspires me - some kindness from one to another, some beautiful photography shared by someone who just "caught a moment", some words of encouragement, something incredibly funny, a really cool pattern, a recipe....

Then I'm okay with it again for awhile.

I know a lot of people have left FB - they have moved on to other social media platforms and have no desire to return.

Personally, aside from my Blog page - one social media platform is all I can handle.  I just don't want to spend so much time on the Internet when there is a whole world right outside my door that is much more interesting.

I decided to see if I could do something different that would start some conversation - good conversation.  So I dug through some photos of friends, family, events - and I have been putting a new photo on my page every second day and encouraging people to respond.

To my amazement - people have been responding, especially on the really old photos when they are trying to figure out who is on the picture.

There is genuine "talk" going on - no put-downs - no anger - no criticism... just chatter about the picture, and maybe a little bit more sharing between people who might not have shared to each other for a very long time.

Facebook could be so much more than it has become - but it takes us as individuals to make that change.  Of course our tiny little posts and "talk" aren't going to attract the big sponsors who bring the money and make great things happen...

But then, I have never found great things happen when they are attached to money anyway...

Give it a try on your page - yes, it takes a bit of work to hunt for photo's, but try it and I think you might be pleasantly surprised at the response you get...

Change happens when we try -

Not when we sit quiet in the background and dream of it...







1 comment:

  1. I milk Facebook for all its worth! lol
    I'm on a lot of genealogy FB groups and the people are so KIND in those groups and have helped me solve decades old mysteries. A very kind person who lives in SK met my husband and I (a complete stranger) and he guided us to my Grandpa's first wife's grave in Spalding SK when we visited a few years ago. We would never have found the cemetery otherwise as it was in the middle of wheat fields! Dale, there are so many kind people on FB it's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...