Thursday, November 1, 2018

A REFLECTION!

November 1, 2018

and in the church year

ALL SAINTS DAY

We are inching our way out of 2018, one day at a time, but at times, one day can seem like a lifetime has passed.

Today is a reflective day.

Today I learned that a woman the same age as I am, has died.  This woman was my sister-in-law's sister.   She was beautiful, she was smart, she was kind.  She was a Mother, a sister, a daughter and an Aunt.  She was someone of value to many people, and in one day - the whole of her life is gone.

Another woman (also the same age as me) someone very dear to me is in hospital right now, fighting to live each new day without knowing if it will be her last day.  I have known this woman since she was a girl... grade 7 to be exact.  We have travelled a long distance in time and memories together, and soon she too will be gone.

It is hard to bear - living these days in reflection of other's whom we have known and loved, who have left us, or who soon will leave us.  Memories pound our brain with images of happy days... images filled with so much detail that we are right in that moment once again.

Images of an evening in the 1970's of visiting a young couple's home in Charleswood, watching adults playing Pac Man like it was the most amazing game ever invented.

Images of a Halloween Party long before that, where three High School girl-friends are dressed as a Scare Crow, Mother Goose, and a Black Cat... and unless you knew that black cat, you would have no idea how amazingly her eyes completed the costume.

This is life, then.

The older we get, we really see and understand - that this is Life.

As vivid and energized as life is and should be... Death is a major part of it as well.

And so I reflect...

Rest in Peace, Debbie...

I will love you forever, Sharon...







No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...