Monday, November 19, 2018

LAST WEEK, THE WEEKEND, AND THE WEEK TO COME!

I sincerely hope everyone had pleasant weekend.  I imagine my American friends and family will be busy preparing for this year's Thanksgiving celebrations which happens later this week.

Weekends don't have quite the same meaning to me as they used to, they never were a restful couple of days for me, anyway.  When I was working I saved a lot of chores for my "weekends off" and ended up working harder on the weekend than I did through the week.  Now that every day is my weekend, I no longer stock-pile chores for the weekend, but now I am finding my weekends are busy because of other people's schedules, not so much my own.

But in the end, a day is a day - which day it is makes no difference.  We should make each day count, and be thankful for it, because there are many who will only have this one last day.

I was asked to  take some family photos for Christmas Cards for a family here in town - and so that is what I did on Saturday.  My subjects were a little more challenging than my usual sunsets, flowers, bees, barns.... instead I had 6 pairs of eyes, hands and feet to keep immobile for that "one good shot".

I actually think I got more than one good shot, and a whole lot of what I would call the best shots - the imperfect ones. 

Later in the afternoon, three little boys arrived at my door with a plate of homemade donuts fresh from their Mom's kitchen.

Breathless exclamations of how they helped make them, how many they each ate, how good they were, and a quick visit with Chip, and the refreshing visit was over  as they had ornaments to hang in the back yard that they had made for the birds from pine cones.

I'm still smiling!

All this following an exciting week centered around a visiting Cougar from nearby Riding Mountain National Park.

On Wednesday last week a cougar was found in a tree on a property in town.  As you can imagine, it caused quite a stir to everyone here.



  The game wardens were called in, and they attempted to shoot it with a tranquilizer gun, but somehow the cougar got away.  For several days it was tracked just beyond town to a property that has a dense bush area.

To be honest, the citizens here have not been informed if indeed the cougar is gone.  Rumor has it, that it has returned to the park, but nothing official has been said by anyone in authority.

So, for the meantime, I have stopped my early morning ( dawn) walks.  I have to admit, even when I am out and about during the day, I am constantly on the alert.  I suppose it will take some time, to get over that feeling that something may be watching from where I cannot see it.

So, it's a new week - lets embrace it, and make the most of every day of it.

Whatever you do this week - make it count.

I can't wait to see what this week offers us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...