Monday, November 5, 2018

A WINDOW FROM ANOTHER TIME!

Let me introduce you to my new project.

Several months ago, I put my name down to purchase some old windows from a church here in town.  At first I was only going to get one, but then the price was so great - 10.00 each - I decided to splurge and get two!

I picked the windows up over a week ago and I am so excited about this project.


I want to turn one of them into a mirror for the living room.  I am going to clean them up, but I am not sure if I am going to repaint them as yet - guess it will depend on what I find under the dirt!

I found a mirror at the recycle place in town, and hauled that home, thinking I would cut the mirror into nine pieces to fit the panes, instead of adding a whole mirror to the back which would also add a bunch of weight to the piece.

Then I went on you tube to get some ideas, and I found this...


Well - suddenly my project has become so much easier.  How come I didn't know about this stuff?  Now the challenge for me will be to actually source this product out here in the boonies.  If I can't find it, I am sure I can get my local hardware store to order it in for me - they do that sort of thing here for their customers.

I can't wait to get my project done, my imagination already has it decorated for Christmas!

So what to do with the other frame?

I might save it for my Potager; I might put one big picture of a place in Brugge behind it; I might use it as a headboard in the spare bedroom...

I don't know... 

I'm still thinking.

So now to get out the soap and water and give this old window a bath...

More pics to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...