Thursday, March 17, 2016

TIME FOR SOME GINGER TEA!

I decided that I really do have to bake today.  But first I had to go to the doctor and get my B12 shot.  It's a blustery spring day, so when I got back I decided to brew some of my Ginger lemon/orange tea.

I haven't made any of this for awhile, and surprise to me when I reached for my Ginger I got quite the shock...


This has never happened to me before - suppose it's trying to tell me something?

I am going to take that little nodule off and plant it in a pot.  Kinda neat!


So I can't make my tea, but I can share the recipe with you in case you want a really good warm you to your toes tea.

Ginger is very good for you.  It is long been associated with relieving stomach issues.  It relieves nausea's of motion sickness, morning sickness, and even post-chemo nausea.

It also is a natural anti-inflammatory, so it can be useful in many inflammation-related health issues - chronic pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I don't have Rheumatoid, but I do suffer from achy hands from time to time - a couple of cups of ginger tea always take that away!

New research is linking Ginger to having the ability to slow certain cancers - ovarian and colorectol, and also to improving the symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease.

All of this and the wonderful taste make it a perfect tea to use frequently.

I make my tea with either orange or lemon - my preference is Orange, but if I am having cold symptoms, I will always use lemon.


so here is the recipe

In a medium saucepan place


4 cups of water
1-1.5 " sliced fresh ginger root
The juice of one medium orange or lemon with some zest added for flavour.
4 whole cloves
sprinkle of cinnamon if you please - I don't bother.

Place all ingredients in the saucepan, cover and heat to a rolling boil, then reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Remove from heat, strain liquid into a mug - add sweetener if you must - I use honey and enjoy!

I don't think I will use the root above - time to get a fresh batch from the store - and then I really need to get to that baking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...