Monday, April 22, 2013

What's for dinner - Oven Apple Pancake!

I hope you had a much more productive weekend than I did.  As weekends go mine was a no-go.  I have so much I should be trying to do, but my mojo has gone on vacation - extended vacation, it seems!

I am going to blame it on the weather - again.  And again it was a cold weekend.  Saturday was sunny but yesterday the snow returned to ruin the whole day.  The sun didn't come out until the day was almost over.

My mood was much like the weather - gray, dismal, tired, sleepy, so when it came time to make the usual Sunday dinner, well - it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to happen.  I took a long nap in the afternoon and when I woke up it was 4:15 pm  and I still was not inclined to cook a meal.  I guess we all get days like this, and when we do it's nice to have something to make that whips up quickly and makes you feel comforted when you eat it.

I had just the thing....




I might have shared this recipe with you before, not sure - but it is so good, and so easy I thought it was worth a mention again.

It is a Oven Apple Pancake. It is very souffle-type, and very elegant when it is done.

So if you haven't seen it before, here it is again - give it a try - and don't be afraid to make it for guests - it's that good...

Oven Apple Pancake.

1/4 Cup Butter or hard margarine

1/3 Cup brown sugar packed.

Ground Cinnamon (lightly sprinkled)

3 apples peeled and sliced

3 Large eggs

3/4 Cup Milk

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 Cup flour

Melt butter in a 9inch pie plate in the microwave... (I uses a quiche dish for my pancake).
Stir brown sugar into the melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cover bottom of pie plate with apples sliced and cook in oven for 10 minutes.

Beat eggs, add milk, salt and flour.  Stir to moisten.  Pour over apples and return to oven.   Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Cut and serve.

Serve with syrup (I find you don't even need syrup) and sausages...

I always say I am going to try this with other fruit - but it is such a hit this way, I never do.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...