Thursday, November 1, 2012

OHhhh....

It seems I am really off-again, on-again with my blog writing of late.  I apologize for being so.  Actually my bogging mirrors my current frame of mind exactly.

For the past month or more, my world has been sitting on a little tilt - or at least that is how it feels to me.  But after watching the devastation brought about by Sandy to our friends down south - I think a quick slap up the side of the head is in order (for me).

My problems at work and my health concerns have been getting to me - but they are nothing like the problems of so many who have lost so much to Sandy.  My heart goes out to them all...  I cannot imagine the devastation that has occurred there, nor can I imagine the amount of time and money it is going to take to right that devastation.  It boggles the mind.

It just so happens that I ran in to an old dear friend.  Actually he is a physician I worked for for many years who now will be working on my unit once a month doing laser surgeries.  Imagine my surprise and utter delight when he walked into my office on Monday wearing his surgical greens and smiling from ear to ear.

We have seen each other occasionally over the 13 yrs since I have not worked for him, but it always seems we have been rushed and not able to catch up.  On Monday he was finished his procedures and too early to return to his office so "catch up" we did.

He was just the thing I needed.  We chatted about our families, our children, his grandchildren, our spouses, we reminisced, and we talked about the future, and then he said " How's the writing going?"

I told him I haven't written anything in a long time and he tsk, tsked me and said his customary "OHhhhhhh... in a way that said he disproved.  It was all I needed to hear.  That soft disappointed explanation was my slap up the side of the head.  Thank you Willie!

I dug out the last writing project I was working on and all of a sudden my mind is full, and my fingers are flying... and Voila! - just like that I feel better!

Amazing how that goes sometime...








No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...