Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spinning, Spinning, Spinning!

Wow, a week sure can get away from me!  I have come to the conclusion ( a long time ago actually) that life is too busy, too stressful, and we are so busy spinning our wheels just to keep up that we are passing really important things as we zoom by.

This past week has been a roller coaster ride at work.  There have been many changes in the past month, and I'm thinking there are many changes yet to come, but it's been the indecision and not-knowing that has put everyone on edge.  On some level, I'm sure we are kept in the dark for very good reason - but no one likes to think that their job is in jeopardy of vanishing before their very eyes.

When I get upset or worried -  I clean.  I know - how dumb - but it works for me.  Last weekend I tore apart my craft room, really tore apart my craft room - to the walls actually.  It was a hideous mess and around 11pm Saturday night as I sat among a craft supply, saturated living room, I wondered why I started the project (cleaning) and why I had so much craft stuff anyway!

Seriously - I was overwhelmed - and my first inclination was to grab a garbage bag and start tossing.

Fortunately I seldom go with first inclinations!  I persevered through Sunday, and the evening part of Monday and I am so happy that I did.

In the end I did have 4 garbage bags of junk and 3 garbage bags of things to donate to the thrift store... and a wonderfully clean and organized craft room.

The craft room is so organized that I have spent every evening this week in there working on Christmas gifts.  However, I can no longer say that it is still clean!  I work the best in organized clutter!

So while my head is spinning with worry over work issues, my hands are busy creating, creating, creating...

At this rate I will get all my Christmas crafting done by mid November!

Spin Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...