Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Kid on the Block

Look who's come to stay at my house!

A Chatty Baby!

I have been looking for one of these for a long time, and then I got and email from my friend Eva in AZ saying she was bidding on a auction on Ebay for 2 Chatty Babies and 2 tiny Chatty babies - if she won them would I like to split them with her?

Well that was an offer I could not say no to. I got the better of the Chatty Babies, because Eva already has a nice one, and she got the better of the Tiny Chatty Babies because I already have a nice one.   So we each got 1 good doll and one fixer upper. 
Here is my fixer upper Tiny Chatty

I just can't stand a dirty doll so she got a shampoo and a bath and some warm clothes and now she is looking a little less sad.



She will need a complete re-rooting of her hair as it's been cut badly and what is left is just fuzz.  I want to crack her open and try my hands at working on the voice box, but now that she is clean, I am a little afraid to tear her apart.  But I will.

I had several boxes of stuff to take to the thrift store today and just in case there would be a good doll or two for sale I decided to pop in the store.  There were no dolls but all the Halloween stuff was on sale for 1.00.  One of the best things to use to re root dolls hair are the good Halloween wigs.  I grabbed several which were in the 20.00 range originally for 1.00 each, so now that I have the hair - I need to take the plunge and give it a try.

But first this little one has to beheaded and cracked open.  Wish me luck as I start this new venture.  I'll take pictures as I go along.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...