Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Box Full of Memories.

Once again it's been a week since my last post.  Is it just me, or are the weeks getting busier?  Seems no matter how hard I try I just can't keep up with everything.

I am busy trying to finish up Christmas gifts that I am making.  Some days I don't feel as if I am going to get it all done.  I had planned to spend the weekend in my craft room for the past 2 weeks, but for some reason instead I have spent most of the weekends doing big cleaning projects.  Last weekend it was our bedroom.  I woke up on Saturday morning and decided it needed to have a complete clean and makeover.  So that is what I did all day Saturday... and so went the weekend.

You all know how I love to collect dolls.  Well I replied to an add on our local Kijiji last week.  A lady was selling a lot (box of 15) dolls. Last evening I went to look at these dolls and yup - I bought them, but better than that was the box lot that I did not buy.  It turns out that the lady who sold the dolls is the owner of the Doll Museum near here.  It is the largest doll museum in Western Canada.  Apparently she has a storage  area full of dolls which have been in storage for a long time.  Dolls, who were bought with the intention of displaying in the museum but have actually never made it there, because of lack of space.

http://vgross.webs.com

Can you imagine the size of my smile! 

I really want the box I left behind - it is full of larger 50's dolls... all in relatively good shape, but needing baths and spa days and some clothing repair or replacement.  These are dolls I grew up with... these are the ones I love the best.  So I am going to work hard to try and get them before someone else does.  She is not asking a lot for the box, but I don't use "our" money for my dolls.  I only use my own crafting money which is low at the moment because I have not been crafting.  I might have to sell a few of the dolls I just bought to buy the box I left behind.

So here are the beauties from yesterday's box.


I see a lot of spa days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...