Monday, December 3, 2012

The Best Man!

I have the sweetest husband in the world.  Last Friday night was a horrible night - weather wise.  We had snow on Thursday which the city had not yet plowed, and then through the day it had melted and then the temps fell quickly leaving the roads a mixture of frozen slush and ice.  I had made arrangements to pick up the second box of dolls that I had bought on Friday night.  The lady that I bought the dolls from lives clear across the city, so I thought perhaps we should reschedule.  Gary insisted we go and get the dolls on Friday night as he knew I would be excited to get them.

So we did our grocery shopping after work, came home, unpacked the groceries and put everything away, had supper and the headed out again Friday eve.  It was a horrible drive.  The roads were treacherous, people were driving like complete morons,  and the visibility was very poor.

We arrived at the doll lady's home a little later than we'd planned, and so I sat in the car and he ran in and picked up the dolls.  I think he did this so we could get back home quickly.  The last time we were there, she and I talked dolls for quite awhile, while he sat on the couch and smiled.

We got home, finally and lugged the very heavy box of dolls inside, very thankful to be in from the bitter weather, and safely home from the bad drive.

Here is what was in the box.

I immediately stripped the dolls bare and set about hand washing all the dresses and outfits.  My bathroom looked like a laundry for little people.

Saturday morning I started bathing dolls and washing hair.  It took a lot of shampoo and even more conditioner than I have ever used at one time, and I only did the largest 7 of these dolls.  The rest will have to wait until another time.

These seven are in various stages of spa treatment.  But I did manage to finish one completely by the end of the weekend.

Here is a 20" EEGEE from 1975.  She is made of rubber.

This is what she looked like before I started on her.



And this is her all done...



What an adorable transformation.  If the rest of the dolls turn out as good as she did, I will be a very happy person.

Dolls aside, it was a very busy weekend all around.  I also managed to clean my house and do 6 loads of laundry. I did a lot of cooking and even had time to finish the book I was reading and finish another knitting project.

I so love weekends where I am busy.

Hopefully I can keep the momentum going all week long!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...