Monday, April 30, 2018

A WALK WITH THE LAMBS!

Friday evening Gary and I were invited out to our friend's sheep farm for a relaxing evening.

It was a beautiful evening, a little on the cool side, but we didn't really feel the cool until the sun went down.

Because I really wanted to have a photo shoot with the lambs, I was a little concerned that the lighting might not be the best at that time of day.  How wrong I was!  Turned out the lighting was spectacular.  The sun was golden and low and it complimented the fluffy white lambs, and even the multi-coloured ones just perfect.

They have a lot of sheep and lambs, and one black cow that lives and eats with the flock.  To watch the cow in action, it is pretty obvious he or she ( I forgot to look) thinks it's one of the flock.  It is quite hilarious.  When the sheep call - so does the cow.  When the sheep go to feed - so does the cow! 

Along with the sheep, lambs and one cow are three dogs.  Melody, Levi and Khazix ( I might have spelled that wrong - sorry Kaz).  The dogs are the sheep and lamb's guardians from predators such as  wolves, coyotes, or anything that might harm the sheep.  Levi stays in the woods just outside of the pen area, and the other two are right in with the sheep.  Levi, is not people friendly, but the other two love humans who love sheep.  But -  they are not pets by any means.

I shot close to 200 photos, and it will take me awhile to get through them all, but here is a few of what I have processed so far.

A relaxing evening it was - and so much fun as well.

Thank You Terry, Diana, Katie and Adam for sharing your flock with us.


My sheep listen to my voice, I know them, and they follow me.  (John 10:27)




We started with this little lamb.  He is quite sick, has a bone infection and is being treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories.  He couldn't move his back legs, but still managed to run a bit by  hopping like a rabbit.  He is so sweet - I really hope he survives his illness...


Speaking of rabbits!  Here are a set of twins that they have named the rabbit lambs...  will you look at those ears!




This Regal fellow is one of the Rams (Dad's)for the flock.



And then there are just so many adorable little ones:







And the very youngest - just a day or so old...


I could have watched them running and playing all night long, they were so cute and entertaining!  



But watching them is Melody's job, and she does it so very well...



More later...










1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Dale, so showcasing our farm like this! They all look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...