Tuesday, April 3, 2018

CHOOSE HAPPY!


I have come to the realization that I really do have the best life!  If I didn't know it before, I do now. 

There is not one of us, who have not suffered somewhere along life's journey, but I truly believe those moments of hurt, pain, suffering and heartache, help shape us into the people we become.  It's how you handle those moments, that determine the course your life takes.

I love the course my life has taken.  I have always had to work hard for each step along my journey, but that hard work has not hurt me.  It has shown me what I am capable of... it has taught me to push myself just a little harder to get the absolute best result in life.

I am in no way suggesting that my journey hasn't been shaped and helped by many people in my life - because none of us can complete this journey on our own.

I had wonderful caring parents, and my growing up years were surrounded by family - siblings, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews - every one of them in some way contributing to my growth.  Wonderful friends - some who have been with me my whole life, and others just as caring who are with me now.  My own family, my Gary, and our son Jon.... and now a new branch of our family... Sasha, Zhanna and Azaria.

So what is the great realization that has struck me about having the best life?

Simply this:

I have lost so many Dear loved ones - but I'm still here, and I am happy!

I have had siblings turn their lives away from mine - but I'm still here, and I'm happy!

I have worked very hard - But I'm still here, still working hard - and I'm happy!

I have had cancer and felt the fear of my own mortality - But I'm still here - and I'm happy!


Now here I am - not yet 63, retired from my job at 59, not because I was rich and had enough money to retire, but because I chose happiness over prosperity... and I'm still here - and I'm happy!

If that's not the best life - I don't know what is!

What I do know is that life, keeps on taking, and keeps on giving.  No matter where you are in your journey - that is guaranteed. 

It's our choice how we work it...

Myself - I choose Happy - each and every time!








No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...