Thursday, April 26, 2018

ANOTHER GREAT RECIPE!

It's Thursday, that means its recipe day here on my blog.

This week's recipe is probably not one that some of you might like - I can think of a few people on that list - but I would challenge those people to try this anytime - you might be very surprised at how much you DO like it.

My inspiration for this post came earlier in the week when I was building my toad pond.

I was walking around a small area of the garden and had to be so careful not to step on these little plants that were just starting to pop through the ground.



Just a couple of days have passed and look how much they have grown!  The weeds as well!



Rhubarb!

Good for you Rhubarb - loaded with essential vitamins and also iron.  

Rhubarb season is just around the corner.   I already have several rhubarb recipes on my blog - my Aunt Hilda's Rhubarb Custard Pie; Rhubarb Crisp and Rhubarb Muffins - you can find them all under the "LABEL" section.

Here's one that you can eat all year long - and believe me - you will want to, once you taste this.  I only have one jar left from last year - I'm making much more this year!


RHUBARB MARMALADE.


5 cups diced rhubarb
6 cups sugar
1 cup drained crushed pineapple
3 oz strawberry jello

Place rhubarb and sugar in a large pot, bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.  Add pineapple and jello, bring to a rolling boil, remove from stove - skim off foam.  Pour into sterilized jars and seal immediately.


Notes:

There is nothing at all wrong with this marmalade the way it is - Gary loved it, and so did I.  But I think for myself, I would like it a bit less sweet, so this year I am going to cut back on the sugar somewhat.  But that's just a personal preference...

Try it - you will love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

HEALTH CRUNCH BREAD!

  A few weeks ago, I made a new bread recipe, I recorded a video on it as well, which I will link below if you are interested in watching it...